Monday, August 12, 2013

Not a "dance mom" ...sigh!

I'm back!! Sorry folks, seems the summer got away from me. I thought it would be relaxing, it would feel never ending, and the "things" would be driving me nuts. Only one of those three things happened. Can you guess which one ;).

So July has been especially busy and one of our new adventures was putting Thing 1, aka Belle, into dance class. Let it be known, I am not a Dance Mom! I have no dancing skills, at all, and my father likes to tell stories of me glaring at him during the semester they made me take dance because my little sister wanted to. So needless to say, dropping her off and playing nice with other moms who have their kids in tutu's, hair perfectly in a bun, with all the dance gear, made me slightly uncomfortable. I was day dreaming of her dribbling a basketball down the court, her hair thrown up in a pony tail, buying athletic shoes...and POP! There she is as cute as a button in her little dance outfit.

Don't worry folks, it gets even better from here. So this happened to be the class where family got to come "watch". Every ten seconds my daughter would turn around and look at me, shrug, try to talk to me, holy cow child, pay attention and you might actually know what the teacher is trying to teach you. Not like I could ever be any help in this department. See that kid behind her... to sum it up, that was me ;).





Annnddd I should have pictures of her constantly talking to me, instead I deleted them. Bwhahaha, had to show I was getting my monies worth right? Prima Ballerina in the making!













She can be the ballet dancer and Thing 3, Daphne,  can do crunk and table dancing? Yes??







Oh help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment