Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Neat Freak Mania!


So, as I have stated in our first post, I am a total neat friend. People think I like to clean, that is not true. Who likes to clean? Seriously!? However, I love to organize and decorate, and even more so, I love it when I can do it on a budget and do it myself. Almost, a how cheap can I be challenge. So first let us take a look at a table. I got this table from Ikea about 3 years ago.

Red was the only color, it worked because we had a cute little kids red kitchen that Killian (Thing 2) eventually destroyed. Long story short, I had a reading center sitting on this table and Thing 1 and Thing 2 were constantly arguing over the amount of space they had.









One 10 dollar shelf, a set of 2 command hooks and  2 organizing caddies (which I already had) later. What's up!!!

 So then I moved onto the darn ugly little red table. What was a girl to do?
Hello spray paint!

It was 2.99, it says NO DRIP, don't believe it! LOL, well that, or obviously I am not very good at spray painting.

Here are a couple clues for you.
1. Do not do it outside, especially in Kansas where it is almost always windy. I might suggest a clean ventilated garage in the winter time ;). Unless you live in Az, then go ahead and spray paint at 9 o'clock at night in the middle of Feb, really wouldn't make a difference.




2. Flip it over and do the legs first. I am not taking this bad boy apart to spray paint it. But, I had to do like 6 coats because I kept missing spots underneath. You would think common sense would have stepped in, but not until I was almost finished did that lovely little light bulb come on. SEE!!!



3. Do not bring it into the house before dry or Thing 3 WILL climb on it.














As always, it doesn't have to be perfect. The crazy little monkeys are just going to ruin it anyways. I never understood people who bought Pottery Barn furniture. I agree it's pretty darn cute! But they do know they are going to spend all that money and it WILL get broken, colored on, jumped off of and a plethora of other things. Heck yeah I said plethora! Just take what you have and give it a makeover!

So here is the after complete with a new spot for the princess castle, now off the floor. Let's see how long it takes KING KONG To be scaring all the villagers that live in there.




On a little side note into my OCD organizational mind, closets for organizing toys are your best friend!!! Also, shop clearance, especially if you are just putting the organizer in the closer. I got these two shelves, one for 20 and one for 30 @ Target. They were originally almost twice that but had been returned. Can you tell, nope, know one can :). However, as you can see they are a awesome way to help hide kiddos stuff, especially if one of them is just trying to throw every possible toy on the floor at once. She sha'll remain nameless.

Next project... what to do to hide this ugly panel... just wait and see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment